Kevin Sun at London Management photographed by Troyt Coburn and styled by Jolyon Mason, for the latest issue of Manuscript magazine.
Joaquin Jara is a multidisciplinary artist. All of his aspects, from interventions in natural and urban environments to painting, sculpture, and experimental movies, converge on a common objective.
The portrait is displayed as an object subject to internal and external forces, those of the environment, which generate constant changes. Therefore, it will be a representation of the subject processes. An instant inside a sequence of images in continuous transformation. An image saved, which does not illustrate identity, but testifies it. An image without a possible conclusion, as it resides on instability.
10 Octopus-Inspired Design Ideas
The octopus, with its eight writhing tentacles and otherworldly appearance, has fascinated and inspired mankind since we first explored the oceans. While we may no longer write myths and legends about tentacled sea beasts, these modern octopus-inspired household designs are enough to inspire a dread of the deep.
Some of us might not feel comfortable facing a slimy octopus, but the artists and designers behind these octopus products consider them be great sources of inspiration for their artworks. That sleek black leather octopus chair could be Poseidon’s throne, while those octopus chandeliers might make you feel like you’re 20,000 leagues under the sea.
1) Octopus Chair. Image credits: Maximo Riera
2) Octopus Chandelier. Image credits: catalog.sourcecollection.com
3) Octopus Serving Pedestal. Image credits: masonscreations.com
4) Octopus Chandelier. Image credits: masonscreations.com
5) Octopus Ear Cuff. Image credits: martymagic
6) Octopus Cake. Image credits: Karen Portaleo
7) Octopus Table. Image credits: bronze4you
8) Octopus Candelabra. Image credits: catalog.sourcecollection.com
10) Octopus Punch Bowl. Image credits: catalog.sourcecollection.com